Citrus Leafminer Trap & Lure, 2 pack
Monterey Advanced Trapping System - R3829
Control unwanted insects in your greenhouse, home, and garden. Pesky insects are attracted to the bright, yellow color and then killed by the powerful sticky glue. Eco-friendly and non-toxic. After use can be disposed of in your trash or compost.
These traps are used both for mass trapping and as a monitoring system. When insects begin to appear, begin spray application for insect control.
Effective for whiteflies, aphids, thrips, scale, and other small flying insects. Includes two 4" x 6" double-sided traps with twist ties and sticks for applying.
Active ingredient: Pheromone
LEARN MORE ABOUT:
Attracting and trapping Citrus Leafminers
- A useful tool for determining when moths are flying and depositing eggs.
- Help to determine when male moths are active (best time to apply insecticide).
- Use at least one pheromone trap per 5 acres.
- Citrus leafminer moths may be captured in traps almost any time during the growing season, however, this species is most abundant when citrus is flushing in the summer and fall months.
Note: Check traps every 2-3 days for moths.
Placing traps is easy:
- Attach hanger. Grasp trap by top and bottom flaps. Pull apart to form trap (do not touch glue).
- Open lure packet; place one lure on the inside upper surface of the trap (without touching the attractant lure) and hang the trap 1-2 feet inside the tree canopy at about chest height.
Placing and managing traps: Place traps in trees 1 or 2 weeks before bud break, in early spring. Check for moths every 2-3 days and apply appropriate treatments to control moths. Recycle or dispose of traps when full of insects, or at least every 6 weeks.
Note: In case of contact with glue, remove with vegetable oil.