Soil Moist Water Mat
Ideal for when you’re going away for an extended time and your greenhouse. Simply place the mat on a large leak-proof tray or baking pan, slowly saturate the mat with 2 quarts of water, and set your houseplants on top. Slowly, through capillary action, water wicks up to the plant’s roots as needed. Waters for up to 3 weeks depending on pot size.
For hanging baskets, planters, and containers, a cut mat to fit inside of container 1" to 2" below the root system. Cut to the desired size.
3 pack: Two 15-3/4" x 11" mats per package (6 total)
Bulk Roll: 15-3/4" x 15 ft.
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
How to use a Vacation Watering Mat for indoor and outdoor potted plants:
The Vacation Watering Mat keeps potted plants watered for up to 3 weeks for less worry when you're away. Each mat absorbs up to 2 quarts of water, then releases it slowly to the root areas of your potted plants.
Even when you're home, it's ideal for keeping groupings of smaller outdoor potted plants watered - saving you the time, worry, and mess of everyday hand waterings. Also ideal for greenhouse use!
- In a location away from excessive heat and direct sunlight, place the mat on a large leak-proof tray or baking pan.
- Slowly and evenly saturate the mat with up to 2 quarts of water.
- Place potted plants gently on the mat, making sure pots have unobstructed bottom holes for roots to extract moisture from the mat.
- Replenish mat with up to 2 quarts of water as needed every 2 to 3 weeks. To avoid tearing do not try to move the mat without a supportive carrying tray or tub.