Digital Heat Mat Thermostat
For optimum germination and root growth!
Precisely control your propagation heat mat. Features include adjustable from 68° - 108° F, temperature sensor on 5-1/2 ft. cable, grounded 3-prong outlet, 6-ft. power cord. Max. 1000 watts, 8.3 amps, 120 volts.
- Celsius or Fahrenheit readout
- NOT TO BE USED WITH HEAT CABLES.
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
1. Place probe into the rooting area. Usually inserting down into the growing medium about 1 – 1-½ inches will provide a representative control temperature.
2. Position thermostat up an away from seedling trays and stray watering in a convenient, easy way to view location.
3. Plug Seedling Heat Mat into the thermostat.
4. Plug in thermostat power cord and set maximum desired temperature range.
5. A probe holder with suction cup is provided in case there is an application where air temperature is being controlled by a heating device.
Do not immerse controller or probe into water. If the thermostat remains “on” (delivering power to the heat mat) for more than 8 hours, this indicates desired temperatures are not being reached. To achieve desired temperatures the seedling heat mat may need to be placed on a more insulated surface. Another option to help hold temperatures in a seedbed area is to cover the seedling tray with a humidity dome. The thermostat has an automatic safety shut-off if probe’s temperature reaches 110°F. Do not exceed a total of 1000 watts of heating devices plugged into thermostat.
Check wire and cord annually for wear or damage.
Recommend for use with Heat Mats item numbers P5225, P5228, P5230, P2054.