Digital Heat Mat Thermostat
For optimum germination and root growth!
Precisely control your propagation heat mat. Features include adjustable from 68° - 108° F, temperature sensor on 5-1/2 ft. cable, grounded 3-prong outlet, 6-ft. power cord. Max. 1000 watts, 8.3 amps, 120 volts.
- Celsius or Fahrenheit readout
- NOT TO BE USED WITH HEAT CABLES.
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
1. Place probe into the rooting area. Usually inserting down into the growing medium about 1 – 1-½ inches will provide a representative control temperature.
2. Position thermostat up an away from seedling trays and stray watering in a convenient, easy way to view location.
3. Plug Seedling Heat Mat into the thermostat.
4. Plug in thermostat power cord and set maximum desired temperature range.
5. A probe holder with suction cup is provided in case there is an application where air temperature is being controlled by a heating device.
Do not immerse controller or probe into water. If the thermostat remains “on” (delivering power to the heat mat) for more than 8 hours, this indicates desired temperatures are not being reached. To achieve desired temperatures the seedling heat mat may need to be placed on a more insulated surface. Another option to help hold temperatures in a seedbed area is to cover the seedling tray with a humidity dome. The thermostat has an automatic safety shut-off if probe’s temperature reaches 110°F. Do not exceed a total of 1000 watts of heating devices plugged into thermostat.
Check wire and cord annually for wear or damage.
Recommend for use with Heat Mats item numbers P5225, P5228, P5230.