Home-Attached Traditional by Cross Country
“Fall Into Savings” SALE!
Order now for 10% off base price of greenhouse.
(Offer ends 10-13-23)
Build the sunroom of your dreams. The straight-eave Lean-To Traditional is the easiest home-attached greenhouse to build and the easiest to customize.
With its crisp, angular lines, this greenhouse fits most homes with ease. Extra height at the eave, 5' 7", allows spacious headroom and more space for extra shelving. For a custom appearance, raise the greenhouse on a knee wall and use siding to match your home.
In the protected environment of a Cross Country greenhouse, the weather is always right for gardening! Placing a greenhouse on the side of your home has several advantages. It is very convenient to use in any weather. Plumbing and electrical connections are close by, and it is energy efficient. By trapping heat from your home, as well as the sun, a lean-to greenhouse can cost about 30% less to heat.
A lean-to greenhouse requires careful planning to be certain it fits well to your home. Accurately note the location and dimensions of a window, door, eave height of your home, utilities, retaining wall, fence, or any object in the proposed greenhouse location. We frequently customize a lean-to greenhouse to better fit the home.
Solar powered, automatic roof vents are standard with optional fan systems available. This modular system is easy to customize, and sections can be added later to extend the length. The eaves are designed to accept gutters if you want to collect rainwater for your plants.
Standard Eave Height is 5' 7"
Actual Size (Width x Length x Height):
* 4 and 6 wide door size 26" x 72"
* 16 ft L sizes includes roof truss
** Width x Length are the outside to outside foundation dimensions.
It is important that the foundation is built to the actual measurements of the greenhouse foundation size as seen above.
Extra-Strong Aluminum Framework
- Heavy-duty aluminum frame for extra-strength
- Stands up to high winds and heavy snowfalls
- Maintenance-free, rustproof frame
- Each piece is pre-cut to size
- Attractive enamel finish in your choice of white, green, brown
- Custom colors are also available.
Attractive Glazing Options:
1. Single Pane 1/8" Tempered Safety Glass
- Attractive and durable
- Heat tempered for safety and high impact resistance
- An adhesive gasket seals the glass to the aluminum frame for a draft-free fit
2. 6mm Insulating TwinWall Polycarbonate
- Double-wall polycarbonate efficiently traps heat produced by the sun and insulates against the cold
- Excellent light transmission of 85%
- Diffuses sunlight for more even growing
- Minimizes interior condensation
3. Single Pane Glass w/ 6mm TwinWall Roof
- The best of both worlds, insulated roof to help keep in the heat and glass walls for maximum viewing ability
- Automatically provides natural ventilation by allowing hot, stale air to escape, whether you're at home or not!
- Uses solar-powered roof vent openers
- Roof Vents – 48” x 24”
- Optional 48"x 24"side vents are available to increase the ventilation
Pre-Hung Storm/Screen Door
- Adjustable 5-position sliding glass panel lets in fresh air
- Lockable door latch with keys
- Door Size: 32" x 76"
- Door Drop available - ask for pricing
- Hinge placement - either side
Simple to Assemble
- Detailed instructions provided
- No contractor or special tools required
- Bolt holes are pre-drilled, the door is pre-hung
- Bolt frame together, insert glazing, fasten bar caps
Also available in all 5-Wall Polycarbonate, or 5/8" Insulated Double-Pane Safety Glass with 5-Wall Roof.
Greenhouses ship throughout the U.S. via motor freight - please call to order. (Or arrange pick up at Charley's Mount Vernon, Washington location.)